Monday 25 October 2010

Quality - what quality?

What's happened to quality today? Most large companies have Quality Control departments, most products are CE marked and many manufacturers and suppliers are ISO approved (which in theory means quality!).

So why is this laptop PC - that I bought less than 2 months ago - causing me problems with dropping into "sleep" mode often halfway through a sentence?

And why did one of the CD's I bought from HMV at the weekend not work?

And the third (things happen in 3's) was a Binatone phone that I bought on Saturday specifically to use on conference calls handsfree. It had a large notice stating that it had hands free facility. The hands free facility was absolute rubbish. Could hardly hear anything and the instructions had words that were not English (and not any othe language either - absolute jibberish). And even when the instructions were in English they were not correct.

Why can't I buy something that actually works?

Not sure what my lesson is from this - other than if you expect everything you buy to fail then occasionally you might just have a pleasant surprise (or am I just being cynical)?!

No comments:

Post a Comment