Friday 8 October 2010

Hoarding

Been helping clear out some of Pa-in-law's papers whilst he is in hospital - he's a dreadful hoarder! Mind you that's the pot calling the kettle black because so am I! I even have a wardrobe in the garage to keep things in (hasn't everyone?!) and in that wardrobe is one box labelled "Things I don't know what to do with but don't want to throw away!" What's in there? Can't remember - but clearly no point in opening the box because I won't throw anything away inside it!

Why do we all hoard so much? My lesson today is to learn to throw more away. So I'm starting with my clothes. Having recently left the company that I worked for for 12 years under redundancy, I got all their logo'd shirts into a pile and...put them in a drawer (they could be useful in the garden!!!!) 

1 comment:

  1. Theoretically sound - and I have sold a lot of stuff on ebay - including an empty wine bottle - but with the money I made I bought more stuff!!

    ReplyDelete