Thursday 7 October 2010

I HATE queues!

Coming out of Webbs Garden Centre early this evening there was a queue of traffic on the main road and no-one - but no-one would let me in. They came round the Webbs island as if their lives depended upon staying as close to the car in front and not allowing one more car in.

What a load of plonkers (actually I used another word which still ended "...kers"). They didn't really gain much - three of them were turning right at the next island and while they waited I passed them on the inside as I was turning left, and the other one then turned into a housing estate, so wasn't going anywhere anyway!

So all the aggressive driving on their part was a total waste of energy and effort. What's happened to manners? Does it really matter if you are 30 seconds (or less) later home? Would it have hurt them to let me in? Of course not.

My lesson for today - treat others as you want to be treated (especially when you're driving)

PS - Please don't tell Beloved I have just written this because if you do she'll quote it at me next time I don't let someone in!! Then I'll have to say, "Ah! But this is a different situation!" - and she will ask "Why?" and I'll have to explain exactly why...and I won't know the answer!!!

1 comment:

  1. Who are you calling elderly!!! I had the top down, my shades on and no sign of a hat!!

    ReplyDelete