Monday 4 October 2010

Man flu strikes!

Ok - so it's only a cold - but I HATE having a cold! AND I've got a bad back - probably as a result of a wrestling match with a very large Buddleia root about a week ago. Bloomin' thing (actually it had stopped bloomin'!) wouldn't come out and Beloved wanted it removed, so we (me and it - not me and Beloved) spent 2 1/2 hours in a fond embrace, pushing and pulling (and digging and sawing!). Eventually I won, but I think my back lost!

My lesson for the day? Employ a gardener!! No - not really - but I think my lesson is that as bad as I have felt today - there is always someone in more pain, more distress (and probably with a runnier nose!!). So I'm not really as bad as I could be - and I need to be thankful for that.

(Feel like I should finish with "Amen"!)

No comments:

Post a Comment