Tuesday 11 January 2011

Trains are not what they used to be!

I suppose that's pretty obvious really - now nice quiet, warm, smooth etc and with internet in the train - but totally souless. Bring back the steam locos of my youth - that's what I say.

Am travelling today from Brum to London via Virgin Trains. Managed to get a great deal on First Class with my OGR (Old Gits Railcard) - well there has to be some benefit in passing the 60 level (apart from the winter fuel allowance that is) BUT there is no hot catering on this service - disgusting - so no free (veggie) full breakfast - what is the world coming to?

And now they have announced delays of up to 15 minutes due to the wrong points near Milton Keynes - sure it was never like this in the gool old (steam) days! I remember stanidng by the side of the line watching the Devonian with a Jubilee class and jotting down the number...Oh! I think I just gave away a closely guarded secret that I was a train spotter. Please don't hold it against me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment