Friday 7 January 2011

Kodak Printers

The current Kodak advert on TV suggests that the Kodak printer cratridges save you money because they last longer - well they certainly lasted longer than the Kodak printer I bought 5 weeks ago that has already packed up!! But the cartridges have still got ink in so that's OK isn't it?!

To be fair to Kodak they did get me a replacement within 48 hours - after waiting for nearly 30 minutes on the end of a phone that is - and the replacement didn't work to start with either!! Another 20 minutes on the phone and this one is working - but for how long?

But I have learnt a huge lesson from this episode. I am someone who often leaves printing until the last moment - what a mistake to make!! Fortunately this time I could get the prints I needed done in the office - but imagine if it was something urgent - like you book advance tickets on BRail then have to print out your on line booking as a "ticket" for the day of travel. Imagine having booked it and then you can't print it - dragging your PC onto the train to try and prove you actually did book your seat might be a little difficult!!

So in future I will print things as soon as I have completed them and not leave it until the last minute (might pay to buy a couple of spare printers as well!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment