Sunday 27 March 2011

Thanks for all your good wishes

It's been about 7 weeks since my last post and I have been inundated by my fans imploring me to restart posting Morgan's Mutterings.

OK - so it was you TW who said why had I stopped and you JR who said the same thing - so not actually inundated - but 100% of my followers have asked me to restart - so I will!

And my first comment is why are Merc controls so complicated? All I wanted to do was to change the clock for the extra hour as BST starts - simple? Nope! Everytime I got into the menus I pressed the button that seemed to be the right one and ended back outside the menus! Eventually I got in and changed it - in digital format - but the clock itself didn't change.

So checked the manual - back in again into the menu, added the hour - and reduced the mintes by 3 (it was a few minutes fast) and pressed the reset button as instructed. The clock hands literally wound back by about 5 hours and then wound forward by 5 hours less 3 minutes!

So got the minutes right but it seemed to ignore the extra hour I added! So tried again - and again the hands wound back about 5 hours and then wound forward (automatically) by another 5 hours! Why? Didn't make sense.

Still - now correct - just need to find out how to get out of the menu option now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment